When was the last time you randomly smiled at a stranger in the street? Or the last time you felt fabulous because someone took the time to flash their pearly whites at you? If you can’t remember, then that’s just a shame. I feel like we have turned to anti-smilists, lost in the hustle bustle of life and all the apparent crap that we think has been flung in our general direction.
So I’m going to throw down a good old-fashioned challenge. I dare you to smile to at least one random stranger per day. Better still, make your own challenges e.g. tap someone on the shoulder just to flash a goofy grin. Because for that second you share a smile, you are potentially making their day.
If you’ve forgotten how to smile, I have a few ideas to get your passion for smiling reignited:
– The Super Cheesy Grin – A smile so large, that your lips get a workout.
– Subtle & Sweet –Just enough to make your dimples glad they were in your gene pool.
– I Wanna Pick You Up Smile – Do it for the hell of it. But don’t overdo it, could result in the reverse effect.
– The Poser Effect – Get that camera out and force one of those bad boys out. Might as well flick a peace sign in there for good measure.
– The Grimace – It’s not just the big purple guy from McDonalds.
– No Upper Lip – Tuck your top lip under there and show us your front set of teeth. Hilarious – yes. Sexy – no.
– I’m Up To Something Smile – Use a raised eyebrow to really pack a punch.
– Trying Not to Smile, Smile – Seriously, only seasoned smilist veterans can really pull this one off.
– Butter Wouldn’t Melt Smile – Kids and dogs have perfected this one.
– I Need to Take a Crap Smile – Pained, but polite.
So my friends, don’t go walking around with your head hung low. Chin up and smile, I say!