We’ve all done things that we regret, embarrass ourselves with, and sometimes stuff that is worthy of being titled as an ‘Epic Fail’. Like that older boy you had a crush on in high school you ring up, trip over your tongue, and he says ‘No’. Note to self, do not trust Dolly magazine advice.
After chatting with a few people, I have come up with a list of stuff that seems like a really good idea at the time, until you try it…
– Chocolate body paint – If you’re nodding, you’ve obviously made the mistake before. If not, then don’t even go there. It could’ve been awesome, but it’s not.
– Not wearing sunscreen – ‘I’ll be sweet as’ you think as you head out the door. You come home, defeated by the sun and a nose that rivals Rudolph’s.
– Doing April Fool’s Day tricks in the evening of March 31st – You think you are pretty clever by getting one up on the pranking. But it really comes back to bite you in the ass, three-fold.
– Drunk texting – Your mind is a spinning top, as you thumb in those letters and send a message that is: a). Something you would never ever say b). Something you’d been wanting to say but weren’t gutsy enough or c). Dfdsdfh klkjfn lkjsd.
– In fact, anything you do while drunk – Whether it be your ‘hottest’ dance move, becoming a paparazzi, ‘whispering’ about the person next to you, skulling a bottle of wine before going into a concert, or taking a mince brick out of the freezer at 3am to cook it. Inhibitions be gone!
– Using fake tan – You over-zealously self apply the cream and kazaam! Retro striped orange wallpaper legs appear.
– When your eyes are way too big for your stomach – This usually happens on December 25th. A feast has been set before you; your eyes bulge out and do actually physically go bigger than your stomach. You sample everything you possibly can ever. It’s a scoff n’ stuff fest. You put down your plate, then realise that there’s dessert. Nom nom nom. Afterwards, you feel like you’ve been hit truck and are about to have a food baby.
– Sliding around on a muddy field – Everyone’s having a great time, until you break an ankle.
– Eating from unnamed jars in mum’s kitchen as a kid – Mmm, powdery sweet goodness turns into choking corn flour.
– Self-piercing – Laden with ice cubes and a needle, you think it’s the best idea ever. 13 years later, you look at that scar that was an infected mess, shake your head, and say ‘What was I thinking?’
I know there’s plenty more but I like to think that I’ve just scratched the surface. Hopefully I have given you the opportunity to reflect on your own stuff that seems like a really good idea, until you try it.