This morning I woke up freezing cold. I sat down to some porridge and started thinking. Then I had a mare. Not just an itty bitty woe is me moment, but a full-blown freak-out. I need a job, I need a new flat, and I need some kind of direction.
So I tried to remedy this by flat hunting and job hunting on the net. It makes it worse when a perfect job doesn’t fall from the sky and into your lap. And when you close your eyes you don’t wake up in a new location. I even tried to write a blog post that was clearly my ‘Get out of jail free’ card.
Then I decided that the only way to cure this was with a good old nana nap. I woke up feeling refreshed and ready to write. When sometimes life gets you down there are things that you can count on.
There will always be:
– A brand-spanking new day to wake up to.
– Things that you know you are good at and are able to achieve, even if it is making the best cuppa in the world.
– Friends and family that are your own personal cheerleaders.
– A YouTube clip that makes you laugh.
– Cake that is so delicious that you scoff it, and then you feel sick afterwards vowing never to do it again (two days later you forget, rinse, and repeat).
– Someone or something that adores you (pet goldfish never judge, they don’t have the memory capacity to).
– Crappy movies to curl up to on a rainy day.
– A special song that comes on the radio at just the right time.
– Those times that you tell an amusing story or crack a joke, and you aren’t the only one laughing.
– You have a good hair day.
– You find $10 in your old jeans pocket.
– Amazing sunrises and sunsets.
– The opportunity to smile at a stranger, and make their day.
– Someone who is willing to listen to you, even if it is your sleep talking.
– That pair of shoes that you think you need, but never wear.
– A night out that you share with friends that leave you with what just happened memories the next morning and stories that you may or may not tell the grandkids.
– A dress that gets you into trouble, a dress that gets you out of trouble and a dress that is no trouble at all.
– Something that is surprisingly but personally addressed to you in the post that doesn’t require you to pay money.
Now I will continue my day with an endorphin-boosting run, and a more positive outlook. Because you never know what exciting ventures lay waiting around the corner for you.